HP Bolsters Their Ranks With Two New Chromebooks: 11 G6 EE and 14 G5
The HP Chromebook 11 G6 EE and Chromebook 14 G5 are the latest iterations of HP’s long-running 11.6″ and 14″ models that began life almost five years ago. The newest models boast the same Apollo Lake chipsets we’ve seen in recent devices. Both Chromebooks come equipped with USB-C 3.1, a 180º fold-flat design, rugged specs and are equipped with Android Apps out of the box.
In true HP fashion, the Chromebook 11 G6 EE and 14 G5 both serve up a flurry of optional configurations to fit your specific use-case (and budget). Both models offer an optional touch display, up to 8GB RAM and up to 64GB eMMC storage.
The HP Chromebook 11 G6 EE is geared towards the younger education crowd with the combination of its portable size and military-grade specifications. Molded rubber bumpers wrap the edges of the Chromebook to reinforce and protect from dings and nicks and HP’s unique honeycomb chambers inside the chassis provide the Chromebook with internal protection from flexing and downward pressure.
HP Chromebook 11 G6 EE Features
- Chrome OS
- Intel Celeron N3350/N3450 Apollo Lake processors with Intel HD Graphics 500
- Up to 8GB LPDDR4-2400 SDRAM
- 16GB to 64GB eMMC storage
- 11.6″ IPS backlit display with touchscreen or HD SVA anti-glare for non-touch. Both with 1366×768 resolution
- 180º fold-flat hinge
- MicroSD slot
- 2 x USB-C 3.1, 2 x USB 3.1
- Dual speakers w/HD audio
- 720p HD webcam
- Spill and pick resistant keyboard
- Touchpad w/multi-gesture support
- Starts at 2.27 lbs
- 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor
The Chromebook 14 G5 is aimed at a more mature audience with HP looking to educators and secondary schools who are looking for a larger display and the option of a Full HD touchscreen. You can also opt for a backlit keyboard which is a great feature but honestly, it should be standard.